Collection & Use of Personal Information
When is information collected?
We collect information when you join NANETS as a member, when you register for a conference, when you donate to NANETS, or when you sign up for a newsletter.
What information is collected?
You may be asked to enter: your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, credentials, and other details depending on what action you are performing on our site. The requested information is used to create a member profile, maintain records of conference registrants or process payments.
How that information is used?
We may use the information we collected from joining as a member, registering for a conference, signing up for the newsletter, making a donation, or viewing the website in the following ways: · To send periodic e-newsletters containing updates on current research, upcoming conferences, or other news items relevant to our Society ·
- To confirm a donation
- To process payment
- To send a receipt for payment of membership dues or registration fees
- To send reminders to renew your membership
- To distribute e-Table of Contents from our affiliated journal, Pancreas
Protection of Visitor & Member Information
NANETS.net is monitored on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We have implemented a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
NANETS.net takes reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. In addition, all the personal information you provide is stored on secure servers.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. NANETS also does not store any credit card information on our servers. All credit card processing is handled via a PCI level 1 compliant vendor.
Third Party Disclosure
Third Party Links
At our discretion, we may include third party links on our website. These links are mostly likely related to neuroendocrine tumor research and disease management. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Therefore, we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome feedback regarding any third party links we post.
We employ Google Analytics to measure and analyze how users interact with our site content. Google Analytics gathers data, such as click rates, PDF downloads, and traffic, anonymously and does not collect any personal information from users.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
- We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13.
Users will be able to change their personal information:
By logging into their member profile
Third party behavioral tracking
As stated previously, we use Google Analytics to track and analyze how users interact with NANETS.net, but no personal information is exchanged in this process.
Fair Information Practices
CAN SPAN Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial emails, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them and describes stringent penalties for violations.
- We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries and/or other requests or questions
- Process conference registrations and donations, as well as send receipts
- Distribute e-newsletters
We agree to the follow in order to be compliant with CANSPAM:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Offer users the opportunity to unsubscribe by using a link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails you can:
- Follow the instructions provided at the bottom of each email
- Click here to fill out an unsubscribe request
- If you would like to unsubscribe from any Pancreas correspondence, please do so using this link