One of the key goals of NANETS is to provide a platform highlighting neuroendocrine tumor research. We encourage abstracts 1) reporting on recent neuroendocrine tumor research, and 2) describing ongoing or current clinical trials with the intent of increasing awareness of these studies.
Investigators may submit abstracts that have been presented at other scientific meetings and/or published in scientific journals since October 1, 2016.
As the number of high quality abstracts has increased and given our limited space, we are no longer accepting case reports.
Abstracts submission is now closed
- Authors and Affiliations: Each author is entered on a separate line. First names should be complete and not just given as an initial. Each author may have up to two affiliations. Please make sure that if multiple authors share the same affiliation that the affiliation is entered exactly the same for each author.
- First Author: Should be listed first. You may change author order after submission. The author order in the abstract book will be based on the order you select.
- Presenting Author: Please indicate which author will be the presenting author. If the presenting author is not registered to attend the conference, the abstract will be removed from the abstract book and symposium.
- Corresponding Author: All emails regarding the submission will be sent to the author selected as corresponding author.
- Title: The title should clearly identify the contents of the abstract. Please do not identify the company or institution name in the title.
Abstract Text: The text of each abstract must be 300 words or fewer and is not to exceed one page.
Do not include your title and author information as part of the abstract body.
Abstract Key Elements: You will need to type or cut and paste information into the following element fields:
- Background: The problem under investigation or a hypothesis.
- Methods: The experimental methods or protocols used to accomplish the research.
- Results: The key points derived from experiments. Abstracts may contain (1) table which is not included in the word count. If you need to submit a table, please reference it as Table 1 in your abstract. The table will appear at the bottom of the abstract
- Conclusion: A summary of your findings that are supported by the data presented.
Table (Optional): If you have a table to present, please insert the information into our table entry form. Only one table with up to 4 columns and 10 rows may be submitted.
- Table Header - This is the overall title of the table and will be centered across all columns
- Table Footer - This is the footer of the table and will be centered at the bottom of the table.
- Table Body: You may submit a table up to 4 columns by 10 rows using our table submission tool which is part of the online submission application.
Abstract Submission Process
- If submitting an abstract on behalf of someone else, you must provide the contact information of the author you are representing.
- You must submit and present the abstract at the conference to be eligible for a travel grant.
- You are required to obtain the approval of all co-authors before placing their names on the abstract. Failure to do so will result in the immediate rejection of the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted via our online system by the deadline of June 26, 2017 (11:59 pm PT) per the instructions on the submission form. Photocopies or facsimile copies will not be accepted and will be discarded.
For late breaking consideration, the abstract must be of superior quality and significance (i.e. clinical trial results, novel scientific findings, etc.).
1. Submit a "placeholder preliminary abstract" by deadline of June 26, providing the rationale, methods, and current available results plus the expected data for final submission.
2. Put in comment box that this is "Late Breaking - on hold" and will either be withdrawn or formally submitted on or before August 21.
3. Send the revised abstract no later than August 28 (an email link will be provided to submitting author for final submission)
Please contact us if unclear on how to proceed.
- If no author listed on the abstract can present the poster at the symposium, the abstract must be withdrawn by August 28, 2017.
- The presenting author must register and pay for the NANETS symposium no later than August 28, 2017 or the abstract will be pulled from the abstract book, poster session, and will not be published in Pancreas.
- You will be sent an email confirmation that your submission was received.
Poster Dimensions and setup
There will be up to 10 travel grants awarded to the top abstracts to active members of NANETS. These grants will cover airfare, conference registration, ground transport, and two nights hotel accommodations. (Those individuals outside the continental US will be reimbursed the cost of the average airfare within the continental US.) When submitting your abstract, please check the appropriate boxes in the abstract submission system.
The following individuals may be considered for a travel grant:
- Graduate Students (must have a letter of support from the program director)
- Allied Healthcare Representatives
- Post Doctoral Fellows
- Residents (must have a letter of support from the program director )
- Junior Faculty (within 5 years of fellowship training or postgraduate appointment)
- First or Last Author on the abstract and poster who meet above eligibility criteria
As part of the continuing medical education program, two sessions have been dedicated to the presentation of selected oral abstracts of particular merit or significance. Up to six abstracts will be chosen. Abstracts selected for oral presentation must also be accompanied by a poster (above).
Relevant Abstract Deadlines
|Abstract submission deadline||June 26, 2017|
|Abstract & travel grant notifications sent||July 31, 2017|
|Late breaking abstract submission deadline||August 28, 2017|
|Abstract withdrawal deadline||August 28, 2017|
|Presenting author deadline to register for symposium||August 28, 2017|
|Poster Set-up||October 19, 3017|
|Poster Removal||October 21, 2017|